Cumulus does not directly support languages other than English, however the user community has converted the core web template files into a number of languages, listed below.
Note: This page (and presumably also the files it contains) is out of date. Later versions of Cumulus have more than the six files mentioned, the files mentioned have more items on them in later versions, and the gauges and graphs pages are not suitable at all for Cumulus MX. For these reasons they should not be used with any current versions of Cumulus 1 or MX.
- All the text in the web files have been translated.
- As of Cumulus version 1.8.8 build 872 'moon phase' and the 'forecast' translations are available using the strings.ini file.
- The Cumulus Realtime plug-in is currently only available in English
- Some Cumulus generated phrases are current not adjustable -- The month names
- Popups text on the 'gauges' page are currently shown in English
How was it done
There are six files that need to be translated to the new language.
The first five are simply a substitution of the English phrase for the new language.
If you are able to help in the translation, this is a relatively simple process. Please contact Daj if you would like to offer your services. I have a spreadsheet which you can complete via GoogleDocs, Excel or OpenOffice; it has 82 words/phrases to be translated and should only take a short amount of time.