Below is a list of some of the web space providers being used successfully by other Cumulus Users. A list of non-compatible providers is listed for reference.
Please feel free to add to this list as required. Note that the appearance of a web space provider here should not be taken as a recommendation without first asking on the forum about the provider. Some links may have been added by the companies themselves.
http://www.tipdots.com/ » 300MB Webspace » Highspeed Server » Unlimited Traffic » Unlimited Bandwith » FTP Login » Webspace Explorer » PHP 5.0
» E-Mail @ Your-Domain » Unlimited Mailboxes » POP3 + IMAP » 1GB Mailbox Storage » Freemail Service » Contact Management » Anti-Virus/Anti-Spam Protection
Commercial (paid) webspace
- Steve, the author of Cumulus, offers hosting for Cumulus sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876
- UK Web Hosting - We offer cheap yet reliable UK Web Hosting for shared,reseller, VPS and dedicated server Hosting in UK datacenter. Our packages support Cpanel/WHM & Plesk Control Panel with softaculous, siteBuilder, PHP,mysql support.Our cheapest package starts @1.25 GBP per month.
- RSHostingUK or RSHosting - offers choice of reliable UK and US hosting and supports Cumulus Weather Station software with all web hosting plans. Starting from as low as $1.25 per month, RSHosting offers excellent web hosting services with fast support.
- Web Hosting UK - WebhostingUK LTD offers best sandaysoft web hosting with Softaculous for one click installer in one of the best UK datacenter.
- DreamHost - good value for multiple domains
- Hostgator - Both individual sites and reseller sites. Works very well with weather related sites. Especially useful if you need multiple domains contained within a single management system (reseller account).
- ozemail.com.au / iinet.net.au
- 1&1 - more expensive than other host but their reliability has been excellent. www.1and1.com or www.1and1.co.uk
- GloVine Web HostingAn Aussie site but anyone from anywhere can be hosted there. Great support. cPanel & Fantastico, Unlimited Emails, PHP5, MySQL, Unlimited Subdomains. First Month Free. 60 Day Money Back Guarantee. Check out their 'Personal' Package $1.95 p/month. 'Starter' and 'Premium' packages available too.
Non-Compatible with Cumulus
- Google Sites
- 000webhost.com (don't allow realtime.txt in free hosting)
- Zymic (don't allow weather sites (!))
Hosting Your Own
Assuming you have hosting ability via your ISP or use a commercial ISP you can host your own. You need to be able to host port 80 and be within your ISP's AUP to do this.
- Sun GlassFish Web Stack - http://www.sun.com/software/webstack/index.xml
LAMP/SAMP both Solaris x86 and Solaris Sparc. Complete webstack that can be used to build your own webserver
- Apache Friends XAMPP - http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html - Windows and Linux
Popular package for making your desktop into a web server. You can practice setting up your website with this, as you initially don't need to allow access for anyone other than your pc. One advantage of using your own web server is that you can get Cumulus to copy files onto it, and move onto using FTP later. Search on support forum for experience of others using XAMPP whose site is shared and can be viewed by anyone.